Assistant Editors / Marketing Assistants
Feeding My Kid is a new website startup targeting parents of all ages. The website’s goal is to bring families back to the dinner table by helping parents overcome their child’s feeding challenges and making mealtimes less stressful, while providing nutritious recipes and “how to” videos.
Our goal is to infuse fun, flavor and entertainment along the way from first foods through the teenage years.
The website is under development now. All of the work is to support the website launch.
We are a bootstrap startup looking for the right talent to help us along the journey. As with any startup, you’ll be doing a little bit of everything. We are looking for someone who will do “whatever it takes to get the job done.”
Feeding My Kid is a part of a major shift in advertising towards creating engaging content that must inspire parents to share content, stories and recipes. People only share great content! We need you to help create great content.
- Editorial brainstorming; creative thinking required to create outstanding content that readers share on their social media accounts
- Develop and manage content calendar
- Interview people for articles, quotes and fact checking
- Obsessively follow other parenting websites and social media accounts to keep your finger on trends and trending article topics
- Researching imagery
- Write content, articles, and social media posts
- Monitor forums and comments to ensure community members are adhering to guidelines
- Write internal processes, style guides and business procedures
- Contribute new and cool ways to approach feeding kids from a parent’s perspective
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Passion for nutrition and home-cooked meals
- Passion for providing useful and informative advice for parents
- Be passionate about changing the world one meal at a time
- Great writer
- Great proof reader and editor
- To learn and understand how stories go viral on social media including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Comfortable with super-fast pace of online publishing
- Experienced with social media websites like Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr
- Being a parent, having exposure to children around mealtime, childcare experience, or health and nutrition knowledge, is a plus
- Associate’s degree or higher; in a process of earning a degree
- Please upload your resume
- Include links to your social media accounts, such as a Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or personal blog
- In your cover letter, please write why you would be a good fit for this position and why you are qualified to write about parenting, nutrition, meal prep, and/or feeding challenges.