These tropical chicken kabobs are beyond delicious. We just moved into our new home and built an outdoor kitchen. This was the very first meal we prepared in our new outdoor area! We planted palm trees and embraced the Florida lifestyle. You’ll see this area featured in upcoming videos.
It takes about 15 minutes to cut up the chicken. You can also ask your butcher to cut up the chicken in 1.5 inch squares (I always forget to do that!). Next, cut up the onion, peppers, and pineapple in big chunks that are about 1-2 inches in size.
Check Out These Other Great Resources:
- Delicious Honey Mustard Chicken Salad with Bacon and Avocado
- Flavorful Chicken Enchiladas with Homemade Enchilada Sauce and Gluten-Free Tortillas
- Super Simple Butter Lemon Roasted Chicken. Perfect for Family Dinner
Amazingly delicious grilled chicken kabobs! You'll be glad you tried this recipe.
- 1.5 Pounds Chicken Breasts Cut into bite sized pizzas
- 1 Pinapple
- 2 Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1.5 Onion Roughly chopped
- 1 Small package Cherry Tomatoes Optional
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil For cooking
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
Cut up the chicken in 1.5 pieces. Or better yet, ask your Butcher to cut up the pieces for you.
In a medium bowl, add the spices, honey, soy, BBQ sauce, and mix together.
Reserve about 1/2 cup for dipping later. Don't mix it in with the raw chicken.
Add the chicken and mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, ideally overnight.
If using wooden skewers, soak those in water for at least 30 minutes.
When ready to cook, turn the grill on and grease the grill. The ideal temperature will be medium to high-heat.
Cut up all of your veggies into big chunks. If using grape or cherry tomatoes keep those whole.
Thread your chicken, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and pineapple onto your skewers. Discard what is left of the marinade.
Serve with the marinade you reserved earlier.
Remember to soak the wooden skewers in water before grilling.