Check out how to make these creative DIY shelves. These awesome DIY shelves are made of popsicle sticks! Just make sure to use those thick ones.
Use a guide to help you create a hexagon shape (or square, if you want) and continue layering on your popsicle sticks. These cute DIY shelves are super simple and fast. You’ll have some creative shelves to hang around your home. The entire process should take about 15 minutes per shelf. I’m DYI challenged and this was a fun project to do.
You can add some decorative paper to the back and put it on a wall. These DIY shelves are the perfect way to decorate any room in your house. Get your kids involved, this can be a fun craft project for all.
Watch To See How Easy It is To Create Your Own DIY Shelves
- About 100 popsicle sticks
- wood glue or hot glue
- Hexagon template (to use as a guide)
- Wood stain (optional)
Creating Your DIY Shelves:
- Start by creating the base using 6 sticks and the template.
- Place 3 sticks along every other side of the hexagon. Once those are lined up, add the other 3 sides of the hexagon.
- Once you’ve lined everything up, glue the sticks together, ensuring everything is lined up.
- Repeat this process until you’ve run out of popsicle sticks or you reach your desired thickness.
- Apply your wood stain or acrylic paint and allow to dry completely before hanging.
Check Out These Other DIY Projects You Can Create: