Developmental games are great for toddlers just learning about the world around them. Learning games for kids don’t have to be super sophisticated or store bought to be great. Check out these learning games for kids you can make at home using a few supplies.
These learning games for kids are great for teaching kids about colors, objects, recognition, listening to directions, and more!
DIY Learning Games for Kids
For the shoe box game, your child will reach into the box without seeing the object. Your child will need to identify various objects based on the way they feel. Get ready to hear some crazy and fun answers! You may want to record what your child says.
All you’ll need is a shoe box, fabric, glue gun, and pairs of small objects.
- Cut fabric to the size of the box. Drop it one the top and tape down the sides. Then take the hot glue gun and secure the rest of the edges, folding the corners and securing them with glue.
- Cut holes for the kids to reach into the box. Put your objects in the box and have your child reach in to try to identify the items. Your child can then reach into the box and then has to go back to find the matching item.
This learning game for kids is a great game to help your child with tactile development and fine motor skills. Finding the pairs adds matching element.
Dice game helps kids learn about their colors and follow directions. You’ll roll the dice and choose a card of the same color. Then your child performs the action or sound. All you’ll need for this is a styrofoam block, felt or foam squares, hot glue gun, card stock.
- Cut your colors to match the size of the foam block. Glue the different colors on each side of the block.
- Use stacks of cards that correspond to the same colors on the block. Each color will be a different category.
This dice learning game for kids is great because it teaches kids to follow instructions and take turns. You can also make new cards and categories as your child grows.
Check Out These Other DIY Projects You Can Create:
- Crafts For Kids Using Leftover Picnic Supplies. Reuse & Recycle!
- DIY Jewelry Organizer: Cute and Easy Decorative Wall Organizer
- DIY Shelves Made Out of Popsicle Sticks. Easy Room Decor