Making a macrame plant hanger seems hard but with this video, you’ll be able to master it in no time! Making a macrame plant hanger with your kids or grandkids can help them with fine motor skills.
You could even get your kids interested in gardening with this cool craft! Watch our video about gardening with kids to learn more.
You can add decorative beads or any other embellishments you want. These macrame plant hangers can go great in any room and pick from a variety of colors.
These planters would be great as a housewarming gift!
- Macrame cord in any color you want
- Your favorite potted plant
Making Your Macrame Plant Hanger:
- Cut the cord into 4 equal pieces.
- If yours is going to be 32 inches, multiply that by 2. Add width of the planter, and an additional 24 inches. Repeat this step 3 more times.
- Next, tie cords in half and tie knots at the top.
- Hang on hook or door knob just to make this next step easier. Tie two cords together making 4 separate knots on each. Make sure they are all the same distance from the top.
- Then, take 2 adjacent knots, and 1 cord from each one of those knots, and tie them together. Do it until you have 4 knots all at the same level.
- Make sure your plant pot fits securely and make the final knots that will hang from a door or hanger.
Check Out These Other DIY Projects You Can Make:
- DIY Shelves Made Out of Popsicle Sticks. Easy Room Decor
- DIY Jewelry Organizer: Cute and Easy Decorative Wall Organizer
- DIY Tassels. Make Your Own Tassels In Five Minutes!
- DIY Party Favors: Cute, Easy, and Personalized Ideas