Videographer Part-time / Freelance
Feeding My Kid is a new website startup targeting parents of all ages. The website’s goal is to bring families back to the dinner table by helping parents overcome their child’s feeding challenges and making mealtimes less stressful, while providing nutritious recipes and “how to” videos. Our goal is to infuse fun, flavor and entertainment along the way from first foods through the teenage years. The website is under development now. All of the work is to support the website launch.
We are a bootstrap startup looking for the right talent to help us along the journey. As with any startup, you’ll be doing a little bit of everything. We are looking for someone who will do “whatever it takes to get the job done.”
Feeding My Kid is a part of a major shift in advertising towards creating engaging content that must inspire parents to share content, stories and recipes. People only share great content! We need you to help create great content.
- Conceptualize, write, produce, shoot and edit promotional and instructional videos.
- Oversee and execute video projects from creative inception through final delivery.
- In collaboration with others, write and develop scripts and storyboards for productions.
- Schedule and communicate realistic project timelines and delivery dates.
- Effectively communicate with Advertising and Marketing Department staff as well as other department heads to gather required project specs, assets, goals, and approvals for desired outcome.
- Interface with other departments in the company to schedule products and personnel for shoots.
- Determine production equipment needs and prepare equipment for shoots.
- Responsible for lighting appropriately in each shooting environment.
- Responsible for shooting and recording of video and audio.
- Ensure footage collected meets production standards and equipment is properly secured.
- Complete editing of each project according to the script and/or agreed outlines.
- Design and produce required motion graphics in line with branding guidelines.
- Video color correction when required.
- Correctly mix audio and provide appropriate soundtrack selections in edited programs.
- Occasionally act as recording engineer for voiceovers.
- Encode, export, upload and manage final videos, with proper metadata and descriptions, to YouTube Channels and other distribution points.
- Assist in scheduling logistics for all phases of video production
- Troubleshoot video and audio problems to determine repair needs.
- Create illustrative animations for video projects as required.
- Ensure project materials and video files are named, filed and archived per department guidelines.
- Maintain organization and functionality of in-house video equipment.
- Provide management with recommendations for projects, equipment and rental procurement, maintenance, and software upgrades to assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed to obtain footage, interview customers or present materials at trade shows.
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle capable of carrying equipment and traveling to locations within Central Florida. Mileage is reimbursed at standard rates. Driving rental vehicles will frequently be required when traveling to distant locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Passion for telling a compelling story
- Be passionate about changing the world one meal at a time
- To learn and understand how stories go viral on social media including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Comfortable with super-fast pace of online publishing
- Expert knowledge and skills with HD cameras and digital shooting on location.
- Expert in lighting and white balancing required.
- Expert knowledge and practical use of video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion). No need to know all of them, just need to be fluent in one of them.
- Expert in use of Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and others as needed to create or modify assets for production.
- Expert in audio recording and mixing.
- Experience in color correction.
- Experience working with video within a corporate environment.
- Experience working in a production environment, with multiple team members per project.
- Experience shooting and editing video using different styles (e.g. Interview, Industrial, Instructional, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively, get along with co-workers and management, and deal with others effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Strong Microsoft computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and e-mail.
- Experience in authoring DVDs, building menus, loops, and creating custom backgrounds/graphics preferred.
- A background in photography is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment (if applicable):
This is an office-based job with location shooting requiring lifting, moving and time spent on your feet. Candidate should be able to handle transporting equipment, lifting and setting up equipment without assistance.
- Your resume
- Include links to view your work
- Hourly Requirements / Project Pay Requirements