Is your infant hiccuping a lot? Hiccups are surprisingly common among infants. So don’t be too concerned. We have some tips on how to stop hiccups.
For the most part, hiccups aren’t necessarily dangerous and can easily be treated. This video gives some great tips on how to relieve hiccups.
To Stop Hiccups In Newborns:
- Backrub soothes and comforts.
- Give your baby something to suck on, like a pacifier.
- Make sure to feed your baby before they get too hungry.
- Burp more often and especially after feedings.
- Change their position. Sometimes the position your baby is in could be causing the hiccups.
Check Out These Other Great Resources:
- Newborn Care: The Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions by New Moms Answered
- Newborn Care: What to Eat While Breastfeeding. Advice from a Dietitian.
- Breastfeeding Diet: What to Eat When Breastfeeding for More Milk