Going on an adventure with your family and kids? Need some snack and travel food ideas?
Snacks are an important part of travel. There’s nothing worse than grumpy kids that are starving. These travel food and snack ideas are perfect for on-the-go snacking.
Check out this great video with some great travel snack and food ideas! Learn what snacks work best for traveling and what snacks you should bring with you for the whole family.
Snack and Travel Food Ideas:
- Snap peas: These make a great, healthy snack that kids will love. Just put them in a ziplock bag or in a to-go container.
- Carrots: Cut up carrots into small, fry shapes. These are a healthy treat your kids will love. Just be sure to keep them in a cooler.
- Hard boiled eggs: Want some protein on-the-go, then be sure to bring some boiled eggs with you. These are treats that will help keep your kid’s energy leveled.
- Almonds: Almonds make a great snack. Prepackage these and place them in some ziplock and they’re ready to go.
- Yogurt: A healthy yogurt option that isn’t full of sugar will make the perfect treat for your kids to have on the trip. Bring some fruit with you to add to it.
- Fruit: Blueberries, grapes, sliced apples, and pears make great treats for kids and can be placed in their yogurt or eaten alone.
- Roasted chickpeas: Great, tasty and high in protein, roasted chickpeas will make an amazing treat for you and the family.
- Cheese: Cheese is high in protein and calcium and really tasty. Your kids will love it!
- Hummus: Bring some pitta with you and hummus and your kids will be happy with this healthy treat.
Be sure to stay away from heavy carbs and sweets. These include pretzels, crackers, Skittles, fruit rollups and prepackaged trail mixes.
You want healthy food options that don’t spike your kid’s insulin levels and make them hyperactive, moody or restless. Keep your kids happy with these healthy treat options!
Be sure to check out our other snack articles like Healthy Summer Snacks to Keep Your Kids Energized and Happy and 50+ Healthy Snacks On the Go for Kids! You’ll find the perfect snacks.
Check Out These Other Great Resources:
- Organize Your Snack Cabinet In No Time! Tips and Tricks!
- Apple Snacking Tips & Tricks
- Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids: Snacks on the Go