Benefits of A Vegan Hotdog Made With Carrots
- Their sweet taste makes them both nourishing and neutral, meaning they are good for all body types
- They support spleen and stomach function
- They are alkaline-forming, which supports detoxification of intestines, stomach, and spleen
- Due to their high Vitamin A and silicon content, they are great anti-inflammatories for skin conditions (such as acne and skin lesions like chicken pox and measles) and mucous membrane conditions (such as digestive, respiratory, and urinary tract infections)
Cost per serving: $0.23
Calories per serving: 25
Check Out Annie’s Other Recipes:
- Perfect Sweet Potato Fries (Fat-Free!)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Carrot Fries
- Raw Cookie Dough Bites
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
This recipe was adapted from the Fat-Free Vegan’s website. Find the original recipe here.
- 4 Carrots remove ends and cut into length of bun
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos (soy sauce will work too)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 dashes liquid smoke
Fill pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add carrots and reduce to medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes (until you can pierce through it with a fork).
Combine apple cider vinegar, water, Bragg’s liquid aminos, garlic powder, and liquid smoke in a container large enough to hold the carrots to create the marinade.
Once carrots have cooled, place them in container with marinade and let them marinate overnight.
The next day, warm them up and enjoy!
Equipment You’ll Need: stock pot, large container with tight lid