This hash brown casserole is such a filling and delicious breakfast. Not only does this make a great meal idea for a large crowd, you can make this ahead of time too! Make it the night before your family breakfast and then just pop it in the oven in the morning.
Hash Brown Casserole that’s Gluten-Free and Paleo
This hash brown casserole is perfect for those on the gluten-free diet. Sweet potatoes and apples are naturally gluten-free and are filled with vitamins and minerals.
A Nutrient Dense Breakfast
Sweet potatoes are filled with vitamin A and vitamin B-6, both essential for the body. Sweet potatoes are a healthier carb than regular potatoes which are filled less nutrient dense white starch.
With this breakfast, you’ll be ready to conquer the day!
More Easy Breakfast Ideas:
- 20 Super Simple Crock Pot Breakfast Ideas. Easy Recipes Perfect for Feeding a Crowd!
- Healthy Egg Muffins For Those Busy Mornings. Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipe!
- Steel Cut Oats and Quinoa Granola Oats: Super Healthy Breakfast!
- Make-Ahead Oatmeal Almond Breakfast Bars
This hash brown casserole is the perfect breakfast for a large crowd. You can even make this ahead of time for an easy morning.
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup raisins, or more if you want
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus 2 tsp if the pan gets too dry
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut sugar, optional
In a large pan or cast iron skillet, heat the 2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat.
Add the sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure everything gets coated evenly.
Cover the pan to make the sweet potatoes sweat a bit. After a couple minutes, give it a stir so the potatoes don't burn. Cover again and repeat the process until the potatoes are fork tender.
Add the diced apple and the extra coconut oil (if needed) and the coconut sugar (optional) and continue the same process as the sweet potatoes until both are browned.
Continue to cook until the potatoes and apple are brown and crispy to your liking. Once they reach how you want them, toss in the cinnamon. Serve warm and enjoy!