This pumpkin chili is so good! Not only do you have the hearty, classic chili flavor, but you also get the sweet balance of the pumpkin in each bite.
Pumpkin Chili Loaded with Superfoods
This chili uses cannellini beans and red kidney beans, both loaded with protein, fiber, and iron. Now that’s a superfood! People often forget how nutritious beans truly are. With this pumpkin chili, you’ll be getting so many nutritious vitamins and minerals in one bowl.
Pumpkin also has beta-carotene and vitamin A, both necessary for eye health. Pumpkin is also has a ton of fiber which will make this chili super filling.
You can also use ground beef in this recipe. I just like to use a lean, white meat. Mix it up however you want! This pumpkin chili is perfect for the Fall when we have pumpkins all over the place.
More Nutritious Meal Ideas:
- Super Simple Butter Lemon Roasted Chicken. Perfect for Family Dinner
- 45 Toddler Approved Dinners and Sides
- 20 Easy to Prepare Vegan Recipes. Everything from Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Sweets
A delicious chili with all the flavors of Fall.
- 2 packs Ground Turkey
- 6 small links (9oz) chicken maple sausage
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 29oz can Pumpkin puree
- 1 28oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Sour cream
- grated chedder cheese
- green onions
Thinly slice your sausages (remove casing if possible.) Set aside with ground turkey.
In a large pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil and add your onion. Saute until translucent. Add your garlic and cook for a minute more, careful not to burn. Add the bell peppers and cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
In dutch oven, add 2 tbsp olive oil and brown the ground turkey and sausages for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Once meat is browned, add in the garlic, onion, and veggies. add the diced tomatoes, pumpkin, beans, and spices. Add the bone or veggie broth and stir.