Who doesn’t love a good quesadilla? This vegetarian quesadilla is filled with all those great Tex-Mex flavors and yummy, gooey cheese.
Meatless Monday Idea: Vegetarian Quesadilla
If you love #MeatlessMonday, then this vegetarian quesadilla is for you! Add this recipe into your weekly meal rotation for an easy and quick dinner.
This would also make a great lunch! Add some guacamole and salsa on the side for a true Tex-Mex experience.
I love to cook the peppers and onions down so they get a little bit soft but still maintain their crunch. Then, I added in some yummy summer squash just to get in some extra veggies.
More Vegetarian Lunch and Dinner Ideas:
- 17 Meatless Monday Recipes: Theme Night Ideas
- Quick Vegetarian Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes
- 15 Hearty Vegetarian Crockpot Recipes
- Easy Vegetarian Recipes for the Whole Family
- 20 Delicious & Vegetarian Indian Recipes: Theme Night Ideas
- 1 small red bell pepper or 1/2 large, cut into thin strips
- 1 small green bell pepper or 1/2 large, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion or 1/4 large, cut into thin strips
- 1 small summer squash or 1/2 large, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup whole greek yogurt
- 5 6 in flour tortillas or whole wheat
- salsa, for dipping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large pan on medium heat, cook the peppers in 1 tsp oil and onion until tender but still crisp. Turn off the heat and stir in the cumin and chili powder. Add the chopped cilantro last.
Spread the greek yogurt on both tortillas. Put the pepper and onion mixture on one tortilla and then top with the second torilla. Press together gently.
Place the quesadilla on a baking sheet. Brush the tortillas with the remaining 1 tsp oil.
Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Cut them into quarters and serve warm. Dip in the salsa and enjoy!