Sound unique? It is and delicious! These healthy pancakes will soon become a family favorite!
These healthy pancakes have a hearty dose of carrots, bananas, and pineapples. What a great way to start the day with additional essential nutrients and vitamins.
This recipe isn’t as easy as a box recipe, but is healthier and more enjoyable to eat! Skip the preservatives and try these pancakes instead.
These Healthy Pancakes Are Loaded with Carrots, Pineapples, and Healthy Fiber:
- Carrots are a great source of beta-carotene, filled with antioxidants
- Pineapples have bromelain, Vitamin C, folate, copper, and manganese
- Bananas have manganese, Vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, biotin, Vitamin B5, copper
- Flax seed contains insoluble and soluble fiber, protein, manganese, magnesium, Vitamin B1, phosphorus, selenium, Vitamin B6, iron, copper, and zinc.
Check Out These Other Great Resources:
- One Pot Shrimp and Veggies. Perfect for Lunch or Dinner
- Root Veggie Mash. A Flavorful and Healthy Potato Alternative
- 20 Easy and Nutrient Packed Sweet Potato Pancake Recipes from Buttermilk to Vegan to Gluten-Free!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crushed or pureed Pineapple I took pulverized chunks in my food processor.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup pecans I put these in the food processor.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil Can be replaced with coconut oil or butter.
Take old fashion rolled oats and pulverize in food processor for 20 seconds to turn it into oatmeal flour.
Grate carrots or use a food processor. Take some of the juice out by squeezing the carrots.
I then added pineapple, banana and pecans to the food processor for a few seconds. No need to clean the machine after the carrots.
Mix all of your dry ingredients oat flour, wheat flour, flax seed, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
I then added pineapple and banana to the food processor for a few seconds.
I added the carrots, pineapple, banana, milk, vanilla, eggs, olive oil in with the dry ingredients and mixed together. Try not to over mix. Let stand for 5 min (if you can)
If you cook on a griddle, you won't need butter or oil. You can add some coconut oil, butter or olive oil for your pan so it doesn't stick.
Cook on first side until you see bubbles in your batter and then flip the pancakes. If they are hard to flip, wait another minute or so.
Flip and cook for another minute or two.