I’m always looking for ways to eat more veggies. I have tons of cookbooks and I’m always on Pinterest looking for creative and delicious ways to get more veggies in my life. That’s when I came across a simple and healthy side: roasted vegetables.
I’ve overcomplicated it! I realized in 5-10 minutes I can cut up a bunch of random vegetables, roast them with coconut oil and serve.
Check Out These Other Great Resources:
- One Pot Shrimp and Veggies. Perfect for Lunch or Dinner
- Root Veggie Mash. A Flavorful and Healthy Potato Alternative
- 20 Easy and Nutrient Packed Sweet Potato Pancake Recipes from Buttermilk to Vegan to Gluten-Free!
Roasted Vegetables Brings Out The Sweet Flavor
It’s amazing what happens to veggies when they are roasted. The roasting process brings out their sweetness. Plus, I roast them with coconut oil, which has a sweet flavor too. This has been an easy win with my kids.
Use What Ever Vegetables You Have On Hand
There are no right and wrong vegetables. I use whatever I have in my veggie drawer, cut them up and bake. Easy, peasy roasted vegetables!
Some of my favorite veggies include:
(Mix and Match different ones each time)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Beets (red and Golden)
- Sweet potato
Lower Roasting Vegetable Temperature
I cook my roasted vegetables at 395 degrees F instead of 425. While roasting at higher temperatures does enhance the flavor, it also adds carcinogens to the food. Ultimately, the blackening on food isn’t very healthy so I try to avoid it by lower the temperature and roasting it for longer.
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 apple
- 10 oz Brussles sprouts
- 1-2 Golden Beets
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 395 degrees F.
- Cut up veggies about 1 inch in size (or equal size) so everything cooks at the same rate. If you have potatoes, you may want to put those in first to cook for longer than your other veggies.
- Put all the veggies in a bowl and add the coconut oil and evenly coast the veggies. Or you can just sprinkle the coconut oil on the veggies on a roasting pan and toss with your hands to save getting the bowl dirty.
- Add veggies to roasting pan and put in the over for 25-35 minutes depending on how big you cut your veggies and your oven temp.